- What is the aim of Mashrou3i?
Mashrou3i Phase II aims to create over 6,000 jobs for young people in the private sector by 2021. The achieve this goal, Mashrou3i provides direct support to aspiring and existing entrepreneurs through training courses, business coaching and technical assistance. It also helps enhance the knowledge and capacity of local business support and higher educational institutions.
- What is Mashrou3i?
Mashrou3i (‘my project’ in Arabic) is a joint project by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) and the HP Foundation. Mashrou3i is designed to foster youth entrepreneurship in Tunisia and support the creation and growth of enterprises.
About our partners
- About UNIDO ?
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations and is responsible for the implementation of the Mashrou3i project. UNIDO’s mandate is to advance sustainable and inclusive industrial development. It assists developing countries to build productive capacity and connect to markets; to overcome standards- and quality-related obstacles to trade; and to ensure that greater business opportunities will not equate to more environmental degradation. UNIDO works with developing countries on both policy and institutional levels to help them diversify their economies away from reliance on volatile primary commodities; to offer competitive, safe and reliable products to world markets; and to avoid negative impacts on climate change, the environment, and the utilization of scarce resources. UNIDO is widely recognized in Tunisia for its leading role in training and coaching for enterprise creation.
- Tunisian Government
The Ministry of Industry and Trade and its Agency for the Promotion of Industry and Innovation (APII) are the main government counterparts; other national project partners include
the Ministry of Vocational Training and Employment,
the Ministry of Investment and International
Cooperation and the Ministry of Higher Education and
- What is the HP Foundation?
- The HP Foundation is committed to raising people up and assisting those around the world who need it most. Along with HP Inc, the HP Foundation works to help make life better for everyone, everywhere by giving people access to the skills, technologies and capital they need to succeed.
- What is the Italian Development Cooperation Agency?
- The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) through the Italian Development Cooperation has indicated its commitment to the obtainment of peace, stability and an inclusive and sustainable development. Reducingpoverty, a multidimensional development issue, is given high priority and is addressed through its development interventions focused on supporting local economic development, encouraging inclusive and sustainable industrial development, promoting job creation through enterprise development. Particular attention is also given to interventions aimed at improving environmental impact and sustainable energy management, as well aspromoting development endeavors for increasing food security. MoFA promotes the inclusive growth of the private sector and its competitiveness as a sustainable way to create productive and decent employment andattract foreign investment in least developed countries and economies in transition such as Tunisia.
- What is USAID?
The United States of America remains a committed partner for Tunisia in this critical phase of its transition to democracy, working with the Tunisian government, private sector, and civil society as they lay the foundations for Tunisia’s future. Since the January 2011 revolution, the U.S. has committed more than US$350 million to support Tunisia’s transition, focusing heavily on technical and financial assistance to Tunisia’s economy and private sector, support for peace and stability in the country and support for its civil society and democratic practices. The United States is providing technical and financial assistance to support the growth of Tunisia’s economy and private sector. U.S. programming includes elements that specifically target the interior parts of the country. U.S. assistance responds to Tunisian requests to create economic and employment opportunities throughout the country and encourage market-oriented institutional reforms. For more information about USAID click here.
- Can I get a financial support from Mashrou3i?
Mashrou3i provides entrepreneurship training and coaching to young entrepreneurs who want to launch their project, as well as to existing start-up companies, to enable them to develop their entrepreneurial skills. The Mashrou3i program does not offer any remuneration or financial contribution to its beneficiaries. However, our experts can assist you in the search for investment funds for the creation of your project, especially through its local partners such as APII and BFPME.
- Can I join Mashrou3i program if I am not part of the 14 priority regions?
Mashrou3i in its phase II currently only targets 14 regions: Beja, Gabes, Gafsa, Jendouba, Kairouan, Kasserine, Kébili, Le Kef, Medenine, Sidi Bouzid, Siliana, Tataouine, Tozeur and Zaghouan.
However, you can benefit from HP LIFE e-learning no matter where you live.
- How can I contact Mashrou3i’s team of experts?
For general information, you can contact the Mashrou3i liaison office in Tunis by phone at +216 71 283 923, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
For any specific information on your region, you can reach our trainers and focal points here.
- How do I subscribe to HP LIFE program?
Through the Mashrou3i program and its HP LIFE component, you can benefit from two types of training: e-learning (which is online and available to everyone), and face-to-face training which takes place in your region.
Find out how here.
To subscribe to one of our face-to-face trainings, register here.
- I want to launch my project, how can I benefit from Mashrou3i program?
First of all, you need to identify if the region where you live is one of the 14 regions that Mashrou3i targets. If so, you can benefit from the various components of the program (HP LIFE e-learning training, HP LIFE face-to-face training, support and coaching from our experts). To subscribe, sign up to the Mashrou3i program or go directly to the HP LIFE platform.
For more information, you can also contact our Mashrou3i team in your region here.
- Do I live in one of Mashrou3i’s target regions?
Phase II of the Mashrou3i program currently targets 14 regions in the South, Central and North-West of Tunisia: Beja, Gabes, Gafsa, Jendouba, Kairouan, Kasserine, Kebili, Le Kef, Medenine, Sidi Bouzid, Siliana, Tataouine, Tozeur and Zaghouan.
If you live in one of these regions and want to start or grow your business, you can join our program. Find out how to participate here.